Friday, September 30, 2011

What I Did on Thursday

This past Thursday I went for my guitar lesson. My Dad had to teach a class so I went with him for that. I really did enjoy that. After his class we stopped at Radio Shack. We had a really nice and enjoyable time in the store. After we got out of Radio Shack (without the piece we went into the store for) we went to Runnings farm and fleet to pick up horse food for a friend of ours. While in Runnings my Dad and I stopped for spurs for my horse riding. After paying for all of it we rushed out into a great wind and loaded it into the car. I got to my lesson just in time. My teacher Peter Lothringer listened and even did a little harmonizing with me while I played a little piece that I made up. He said that it is important to try to make up your own songs from time to time. After a little discussion of my piece we moved on to my piece that I am working on, which is Bach's Minuet in G. I have so far been able to accomplish the first half of the piece with some difficulty, but nevertheless I have made it through the first half. I should be able to polish this piece by the end of this month. It is good to practice pieces that are unfamiliar to you measure by measure. I have just begun working on the last few measures of the first half. It seems that the moving down and back up of the last measures is extremely difficult for me.I really do enjoy the advice of my teacher. He really does know what he is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment