Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recital

    On Saturday I had my second recital. It went really well. I was on the last page of three short pages. This is the first year I was not nervous about performing until it was time for me to play. I was playing  a piece that I had only a week and a half to practice. My teacher and I did not know whether or not their was going to be a recital or not. The piece that I did play had some full bar chords. I am not use to doing full bar chords. I am hoping that next year we will get a little more time to prepare.

    The recital is a group effort with my guitar teacher and a violin teacher. Most of the people who play are either cello players or violin players. I think that their were about seven guitar players. Their were some pretty impressive cello and violin players. The other guitar players did very well. I very thankful for my teacher Peter Lothringer who has taught me for these past three years. He really has helped me further my love for guitar. Well, I must go get ready for another of my favorite activities (horse riding). Once I am done with that I will go to another place and play some bluegrass with another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment